Hi everyone,

we are using Akka in production for notification mechanism (which is very
close to chat server by semantics), but it is written in a very
conservative way at the moment. It uses cache as a storage for relations,
MQ middleware as a communication channel between the nodes.

I'm looking for more efficient, preferably Akka-native way to solve the
problem. In documentation, I've found a wonderful built-in mechanism for
that - DistributedPubSub
<http://doc.akka.io/docs/akka/current/scala/distributed-pub-sub.html>. It
looks amazing, but unfortunately we need at-least-once delivery guarantee.

There is a brief note at the bottom:

If you are looking for at-least-once delivery guarantee, we recommend Kafka
> Akka Streams integration <https://github.com/akka/reactive-kafka>.

I'm not sure I understand. Does it mean to not use Akka Cluster
capabilities at all, and instead do something like that -

Is Kafka the only recommended way, or we can somehow use
DistributedPubSub/ClusterSharing with Akka Persistence module to have
at-least-once delivery guarantee?

Thank you,
Alex