Persistence recovery is working in all but one of the 8 different
PersistentActors in my application.

I’m testing persistence recovery using dnvriend/akka-persistence-inmemory
<https://github.com/dnvriend/akka-persistence-inmemory> version 2.4.17.3 as
my journal. I’m restarting my actors by sending a command that throws an
exception as follows:

val receiveCommand: Receive = {
    case "persistence_restart" =>
      throw new Exception("Intentionally throwing exception to test persistence
by restarting the actor")
}

I added logging to a local copy of the akka-persistence-inmemory repository
and can see that asyncReadHighestSequenceNr is being called with
fromSequenceNr greater than zero. For example, if I add 1 event to my
persitent actor, fromSequenceNr is 1, and 2 if I add two events. This only
happens with this actor. The recovery tests for all my other actors,
fromSequenceNr is zero on recovery.

Also, I am not saving snapshots in the test.

I’ve also tried querying the events with the read journal and confirmed
that the events are present.

What causes asyncReadHighestSequenceNr to be called with fromSequenceNr
being non zero if no snapshots have been saved?

Thanks
​