Dispatcher (executor) is mostly important if you're doing bad things on it
- like blocking on responses for example.
If you're handling things in async / reactive ways the default akka
dispatcher is fine most of the time, just don't block on it (read this:
http://doc.akka.io/docs/akka-http/10.0.5/scala/http/handling-blocking-operations-in-akka-http-routes.html
same
thing applies in any code really).

It is more interesting to think about the connection pools configured than
the dispatcher here.
Those can limit how many connections you can have open to a given host,
what timeouts should be set for idle timeouts and cleaning up connections
etc. You can read about this in documentation on pools in akka http.

--
Konrad `ktoso` Malawski
Akka <http://akka.io> @ Lightbend <http://lightbend.com>