Hi all,

Lack of type-safety in the Akka actor programming model has been lamented
for a long time. Lately, we have focused our work on Akka Typed in an
attempt to bring type-safety to the world of actors. We are excited to
share our recent progress on the new typed core APIs.

In a series of blog posts we will show the new API and give a gentle
introduction to Akka Typed for those of you that are already familiar with
classic untyped actors. We will specifically look at commonalities and
differences between typed and untyped actors.

We have published the first two blog posts and more will come next week.

   - Akka Typed: Hello World in the new API
   <http://blog.akka.io/typed/2017/05/05/typed-intro>
   - Akka Typed: Coexistence
   <http://blog.akka.io/typed/2017/05/06/typed-coexistence>

We have released version *2.5.99-TYPED-M1* to snapshot repository
http://repo.akka.io/snapshots/
To use this version you need to add sbt resolver, maven or gradle
repository as described in the documentation
<http://doc.akka.io/docs/akka/2.5/intro/getting-started.html#Using_a_build_tool>
you build.

Take it for a spin and give us feedback, please.

The complete list of closed issues for Akka Typed since 2.5.0 can be found
on the 2.5.99-TYPED-M1 <https://github.com/akka/akka/milestone/114?closed=1>
milestone on github.

--

Patrik Nordwall