I was hoping to promote a pattern in my organization, using reactive-kafka
(source-per-partition). Some of my colleagues are comfortable with actors,
but it would be great if others could be introduced to the streams APIs
without learning all about actors.

Am I correct that there is currently no way to restart a stream with
exponential backoff, other than running the stream in a "host" actor that
runs the stream and is fed stream elements using alsoTo ?

Backoff supervision is one of the items mentioned here:
https://github.com/akka/akka/issues/19950

Anyone else come up with a creative solution?