Hi all,

I am new to akka-streams - I've just set up a basic pipeline which consumes
from a messaging queue and then does some processing on the stream.
But after running for a while, the application ceases to process messages,
apparently because the downstream has been "cancelled" and
onDownstreamFinish has been called on the source.

I just want to know what the reason for this might be? What would cause the
downstream to be cancelled?

For context, my pipeline is very simple - it looks like this:

def source: Source[MyMessage, NotUsed] = ....
def messageHandler(message: MyMessage): Future[Unit] = {
  val result = .... // Some code here which processes the message and
returns a Future[Unit]
  result.recoverWith {
    case _ => Future.successful()
  }
}
def pipeline = source.mapAsync(10)(messageHandler)
pipeline.runWith(Sink.ignore)

Note that the use of recoverWith means that the message handler will always
return a future which completes successfully - even if an exception is
thrown somewhere.

Is anyone able to offer some advice / insight into what might be happening?

Thanks,
Josh