Hi Akka Users,

I would like to introduce *Swakka*, a library for adding Swagger/OpenApi
doc generation to akka-http. https://bitbucket.org/jtownson/swakka.

Like many people I was frustrated by the lack of swagger support in
akka-http. After reading the proposed solutions to the problem in issue
201, "Support Rest API doc generation"
(https://github.com/akka/akka-http/issues/201) and trying swagger-akka-http
(https://github.com/swagger-akka-http/swagger-akka-http), I decided to try
a different approach.

To briefly describe how Swakka works. One starts by instantiating an
*OpenApi* case class that represent the structure of an API using
Openapi/Swagger semantics. Swakka reads this API definition and generates
(a) an akka-http Route reflecting the swagger structure (extracting the
parameters, paths, etc in your API definition) and (b) the swagger.json
itself. The akka-http Route in (a) serves the swagger.json file generated
in (b) alongside your API.

You provide nested, inner Routes as the implementations of the OpenApi
endpoints. Thus you still have the full power of akka-http Directives that
are not supported in Swagger.

It's currently on bitbucket at https://bitbucket.org/jtownson/swakka. I
might move it to github at some point. It's in a early alpha state, not
finished, not stable and with quite a few bugs -- so not good for your work
project yet. Nonetheless I am excited about the principle behind the
library, so I wanted to put it out there.

If you are willing and able to contribute to Swakka then I would be
interested to hear from you. The roadmap in my mind for the next 3-6 months
is
-- ease of use improvements
-- full OpenApi 2 support
-- bugfixes and documentation consistent with 1.0 release.

Read more about it at https://bitbucket.org/jtownson/swakka.

Have fun,
Jeremy