I am using clustered persistent actors. So, my actors are going to be
sending a response back to the sender. Normally, this is just going to be a
CommandSuccess message, which is just a simple ack object. And since this
is remote, I want to use protobuf. I am using ScalaPb. So, in this case, it
is easy. My CommandSuccess object is serialized back to the sender and my
Java Serialization message goes away.

But what about Failures. I am a simple failure ( case class
ObjectNotActiveException() extends Exception. So, normally, I would do

sender ! Failure(ObjectNotActiveException())

But of course, this is not serialized. What is the recommended best
practice for failures (not exceptions). I could just create another
ordinary message and handle both cases in the success case of my sender.
But in my opinion, it is better to handle this in the Future.onFailure.

What is the recommended best practice here? Just live with Java
Serialization warnings in this case?