Hi,

how difficult would it be to develop socket based Android client for Akka
cluster without the Akka client libraries? I would like to have the
flexibility of Android network libraries and the power of Akka cluster
without going into the incompatibilities of Akka Java and Android Java. Do
not see a need for actors on Android device, only need for interaction with
the cluster actors.

This basically would involve reversing the Akka remote protocol and as such
may be a maintenance nightmare. Can this be done though?

It seems to me that frontending the Akka cluster with a custom, stateless
proxy that would act as a cluster client would be a much better alternative.

Thank you,
Tom