Could I ask you to open a ticket requesting that on
https://github.com/akka/akka ?
Thanks

Konrad 'ktoso <http://kto.so>' Malawski
Akka <http://akka.io/> @ Lightbend <http://lightbend.com/>

On March 8, 2018 at 0:21:58, Alan Burlison (alan.burli...@gmail.com) wrote:

On 07/03/18 01:11, Konrad “ktoso” Malawski wrote:

> The difference is in the binding call you can do, there’s a few styles,
yet
> each gives back a binding, which contains an address:
>
> val bindingFuture = Http().bindAndHandle(routes, interface =
> "0.0.0.0", port = 8080)
> bindingFuture.foreach { binding ⇒
> println(s"Server online at ${binding.localAddress}")
> }

Ahah, that's what I was looking for, thanks - I wasn't clear how to go
from the value returned from bindAndHandle to the bind port - I'd
assumed doing something like the above would block on the future. Adding
that to the docs would be useful...

On a related note, I found a very helpful code snippet which shows how
to provide an Akka-HTTP marshaller to go from/to protobuf in the routing
DSL. As protobuf is commonly used with Akka it would be useful if the
code in the bug report could be added to the Akka docks as a marshalling
example.

https://github.com/scalapb/ScalaPB/issues/247

--
Alan Burlison