Hi Mark,

Notice: This mailing list is going to be made read-only shortly, please ask
new questions on the: https://discuss.akka.io forum (see footer of every
email in this group for details).

Akka Persistence is specifically designed for event-sourcing, and
persisting Actor state.
If you don’t do that, don’t use Akka Persistence, and simply perform your
database operations inside normal actors.

As for delivery guarantees — very sure that durable mailboxes only “seem
like” they would solve your problem, they would in fact cause more trouble
than help — which is why we deprecated and removed them years ago.

Instead the
https://doc.akka.io/docs/akka/current/persistence.html#at-least-once-delivery
at
least once delivery is what you would use to achieve at-least once or even
exactly once (if de-duplication is implemented on the receiving end). It
does use persistence to store the queue of pending messages to survive
crashes.

Konrad 'ktoso <http://kto.so>' Malawski
Akka <http://akka.io/> @ Lightbend <http://lightbend.com/>