Hi All,

My use case is I want to create an Akka stream in which the source is a
java Queue. The stream should keep on the pooling values from the queue and
if the queue is empty then wait for the values in the queue. Akka stream
queue is another option but if in case of any failure I want to store the
values that are there in the queue (I don’t know how to do that with Akka
stream Queue). I tried the following:

val source: Source[String, NotUsed] = Source.from(queue)
source.ask(1, actor, classOf[String], 10 seconds).runWith(Sink.ignore(), mat)

I tried setting idleTimeOut and keepAlive properties but they are not
working. The stream goes to the Done state if there are no values in the
queue.

Regards,

Bishnu

** New discussion forum: https://discuss.akka.io/ replacing akka-user
google-group soon.
** This group will soon be put into read-only mode, and replaced by
discuss.akka.io
** More details: https://akka.io/blog/news/2018/03/13/discuss.akka.io-announced