Hi Gene,
 my Idea works - the one 3 mail...
 when d1,d2, d3,...dr are sorted in non-decreasing order AND
  "di-1 mod di = 0 , for all  2< i < r.".

thats why in the begining of the logic, I mentioned for this specific
problem ( as mentinoned in the table), denomincations hold the property
 -   "di mod di-1 = 0 , for all  1< i < r.".

but in the example given by you, 50,20 they are not multiples to each
other...

thanks,
sudhakar.