well for starter what's your algo for spell-check? ...just kidding :-)
i'm interested in parsing algos for general CFGs like Tomita's back in the good ol' days. I'm working on statistical parsing techniques for a specialized environment.
...and speaking of geeks my favourite pass time is discrete analysis.