Thanks Rootbear for your valuable suggestions.

-----Original Message-----
From: algogeeks@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of rootbeer
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2006 6:19 AM
To: Algorithm Geeks
Subject: [algogeeks] Re: XML Document Matching

Hmmm. Although I have not played with the big documents yet, you will
want to do the following:

1. Have your targets as identifyable as you can.
2. You want to minimize your interation count.

I suppose after this you are still going slow. This is the fun part.
Now you have to look at different ways of getting the data out.

1. What is slowing you down. Are you sure it is sheer size? Have a
quick check (if possible)
2. Infer from the schema what you want and write up a XPath query with
an as strict rule as possible.
3. If you have early access or overnight access to the document, index
it. If the data stays relatively static, do a differential match on the
thing first.

I would try stuff like that.