I dont think max flow would work, because a  max flow of 'k' will
guarantee atleast k "edges" and not vertices. It is easy to come up
with a case where removal of just one vertex will disconnect a graph
with max flow of 'k'.

On the other hand, I think the BFS would work pretty well, just
ensuring that each time you remove "vertices" in the path and not
"edges".

-Dhyanesh