From: "Kevin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Algorithm Geeks" <algogeeks@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Best way for a tree data structure for fast updating?
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 20:16:09 -0700

Thanks.

That's what I am thinking: a friend told me that, sometimes a linear
look up can be faster than the hashtable, especially when the size is
"small". But I am not sure how "small" will be that (since in my case,
I estimate the average children number of a node will be 100-500). So I
am trying to explore all the possible methods. (In the program, the
tree update will be done in millions of times. And I figured out it
took the majority time of the program.)