fireblade wrote:
> I have implementation of A* using Binary heaps, and as usually
> everything is good untill I need to update elemt in the middle
> of the heap?
> Anybody has a good algorithm of doing this efficiently/
> thanks
> bobi

Yes.  Google

heap sift up down

The sift up and down operations can be used to reposition a node
correctly in the tree after its key has been changed.  Alternately you
can delete the node containing the old value and insert the new one.
The Big O time complexity will be the same, but the custom sift up/down
solution will have a better constant factor.