Uhh...
Stadazi, I think you missed the point.
It depends on which compiler you use - /to strictly define main to
return int/. Once upon a time, I used TC and TC didnt have that problem.
If you rewrite the code into this

#include <cstdio>
#include <iostream>
#include <cstdlib>
using namespace std;

int main() {
 int allowed=1;
 /* /* */ allowed=0; // */
 printf( allowed ? "yes\n" : "no\n" );
system("pause");
return 0;
}

and run it, it will show 'no' instead of 'yes', in the most compilers.
thats because the compiler uses stack (may be), like ..
1. /* inserted
2. looking for a */
3. got one .. turn everything within it into commented in.

thats why atamyrat had to comment out */ cause without that it will show
compile error!

fahim