Hi,
**
*Forward this to all your Comp. Sci. friends...*
**
*College of Engineering, Guindy* , Anna University, India, established in
1794 is one of the oldest engineering institutions in the world and has
proved the adage "Old is Gold" right, time and again, not only by
consistently making it to the top-ten engineering institutions in the
country, but also by encouraging innovation and out-of the box thinking by
its students. It is in celebration of this culture of innovation, that we,
the students of College of Engineering, Guindy (CEG) are organizing
*"KURUKSHETRA
'07" *– a national level inter college technical festival in the month
of *January
2007 (Jan 4-7, 2007).*

 KURUKSHETRA '07 will house a wide spectrum of technical events spanning
over various engineering disciplines, and a plethora of quizzes, puzzles and
coding events to add spice, promising to be a true
*multi-disciplinary*concoction.
And here is an event to find the "real software engineers" !!!
It's called *SOFTWARE MODULATION.*

Visit the website. Question has been put up (vague specs). Comprehend,
register and develop the software with all your imagination..
Jus go ahead and build it as much as you can ..
Prizes await!!!

*S OFTWARE M ODULATION*

If you are a creative genius, may be this is the right place to show case
your creativity! We seek through this event, to find a "real software
engineer", who would empathize.

*"To empathize is to see with the eyes of another,*

*to hear with the ears of another,*

*and to feel with the heart of another."*

                                                 -          *Anonymous
English author*

But, what does a software engineer have to do with empathy? In ordinary
conversation, if we are truly paying attention to what other people are
saying, we are empathizing with them. We become personally involved in their
feelings and thoughts in order to better understand who they are and what
they want or need, and to know how to respond to whatever message they are
trying to get across. And it's a fact that much of the software fail to
please the customers only because they do not get what they want! ...and
here in this event, we seek you to comprehend, empathize and develop
software to the given requirements. As simple as that!!!

*The Event*

Requirements of software will be elicited(is on our website right now) to
the participating teams. The teams need to build software comprehending to
the requirements. A complete documentation of the software and development
is also to be brought. They will be reviewed and will be asked to make
changes on site.

*Rules *

   1. Requirements for the software is in the web site(visit
www.kurukshetra.org.in/events/index.html
   ). No more explanations on this will be given regarding the question.
   2. *Mail the following details to [EMAIL PROTECTED] at the
   soonest possible. *
      - Team Name :
      - Team Size (3 to 5):
      - Team Members Profile:

*Name*

*Course*

*Branch*

*College with address *

*Email*

*  *

*  *

*  *

*  *

*  *

    - Short description of what (tentative) idea you have to build
      software with the given requirements, after seeing the question.
      - (Tentative) List of compiler and other software you are going
      to use for your software development.
   1. Teams need to develop the software and bring it while coming to the
   event.
   2. Team size of 3 to 5.
   3. Teams need to prepare documentation (hard and soft copies) for the
   software.
   4. Teams need to prepare a User Manual (hard and soft copies) for the
   software, if applicable.
   5. Teams need to inform (by mail) their software requirements at least
   one week prior to the event.

Post your queries to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

*Evaluation Criteria*

Evaluation is based on various factors:

   1. Adherence to Software Engineering Principles
      1.  Documentation
      2. Design
      3. Style of coding
      4. Modularity
      5. Usability
   2. Ease with which changes are made to the software on site
   3. Explanation for the life cycle adopted and the team's experience
   adopting to that life cycle

Team Size                              : 3 to 5

Language of Coding : left to the choice of the participants

Programming Environment   : left to the choice of the participants