On 4/6/07, Ravi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > He could quite easily have choosen x=0^n-2,
> > y=0^2, z=the rest.
>
> But may choose it my way instead to prove me wrong. I took the roles
> of both to get both the sides of the problem.

I suggest you read the points that I have mentioned in my earlier post
or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumping_lemma_for_regular_languages

There is no harm in you playing both sides, so long as you're keeping
each sides interests in mind when you do so.

As I said before, _YOU_ are trying to prove something is NOT regular,
_HE_ is trying to prove that he has a FSM to do the same.
Given this, he has the _RIGHT_ to choose any x, y, z subject to |xy| <= n.
Hence, he could have chosen x=0^2, y=0^2, z=rest of the string. He can
choose anything he wants. You cannot dictate what he gets to choose.

Quote from the link:
"Note that the pumping lemma does not give a sufficient condition for
a language to be regular. That is, the lemma holds for some
non-regular languages. If the lemma does not hold for a language L,
then L is not regular. If the lemma does hold for a language L, L
might be regular. "

--

Regards,
Rajiv Mathews