I dont completely get the question...Is the set of possible inputs bounded?
If yes, then why cant we generate all possible inputs and feed it to the
black box? hope u can clarify it more?

-------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dennis Yurichev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Apr 7, 2007 8:36 AM
Subject: [algogeeks] algorithm brute-forcing
To: Algorithm Geeks <algogeeks@googlegroups.com>

Hi.
What we have: we have a black box with some unknown crypto algorithm
inside.
We can test it as many times as we want, placing input data and key at
input and see output.
We know that black box is just one something like LFSR implementation
(Linear feedback shift register), modified somehow, but we are not
sure. We're only sure that this algorithm is very compact.
And our task is to see this algorithm in details.
Are we able to do a bruteforce in such way, where each possible
variation of algorithm will be tested and checked?
Can we choice or build some Turing-complete language for this purprose?