Hi,
In reality there is no perfect hash function since database tend to store
large data...hash may get destructive many time if hash function is not
correctly..BTrees gives us bushy nature so...its fast as compared..

Now-a-days BTrees usage has also got down...databases are now using R-trees
and R+ trees which are more effective..

cheers,
koushik