On 6/13/07, Bin Chen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Many cryptography algorithm used prime to do the modular math, but I
> don't know why it need to use prime but not many ordinary numbers?

I think it the it's the other way around! :-)

Since there isn't any really efficient way to prime factorize really
large numbers, many cryptography related algorithms base their method
around large primes.

Quote this
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_factorization_algorithm#Time_complexity)
Wikipedia entry,
"...The difficulty (large time complexity) of factorization makes it a
suitable basis for modern cryptography."

--
Rajiv Mathews