I have a simple proof.
Assume existing two different spanning trees, say Ta  and Tb.
Let Ea={edges of Ta}   Eb={edges of Tb}
Let e be the maximum weighted edge  that belongs to either of Ea and Eb but
not both.
Assume e belongs to Ea. We remove e from Ta, and Ta becomes two disjoint
sub-trees Ta1 and Ta2.
There must exist a edge e' in Eb connecting Ta1 and Ta2 with a smaller
weight than e.
so we can connect Ta1 and Ta2 with e' to get a spanning tree of smaller
weight than Ta.