actually problem is not clear...

is this ur problem that....ur regular expression contains the list of 300
zip codes....
and u want to search that on any string...that if any zip code is present it
will report...and u want us to give suggestion to make this regular
expression shorter....

is this the problem??

--
With Best Regards...