I had made the substituition but I don't get to go back to 2i.

n-2i=2m
Then

SUM[lg(2m)]= SUM [lg2+lgm]=SUM[lg2]+SUM[lgm]= SUM [1] +SUM[lgm]

OBS: SUM = SUMMATION.
I stop here. I dont know how to continue. Can you help me.

Thanks in advance

Allysson

Ajinkya Kale escreveu:
substitute n-2i = 2m in firsst equation....you will get the left one on reducing the terms in terms of m.