Hi All,
Good discussion.
Let me explain my idea.

First of all B-Tree, or version of the B-Tree, is the data structure that
suites your requirement.
As you mentioned in the case 2, you want to maintain the Fill Factor as (
70%) should have minimum 5 leaf nodes.

For implementation, Linked list way implementation is the best way, i guess.
1. First create tree
2. Balance the tree
3. To maintain the fill factor now call the redistribution algorithm

Define a structure for a node.
Please refere to any good data structures book and Data base management
systems book.
Fundamentals of Data Structures: Ellis Horowitz, Sartaj Sahani
Data base management systems by Raghu Rama Krishna.

*
*

--
Regards