Bored of playing the same games over and over again? Feel you need a
change from the humdrum of trying to get that extra Achievement? Feel
that you have a really good idea for a game but don't know where to
begin? Need a community that offers you friendly support and help on
designing and developing your very own game projects? Well, come and
join us at 2D Game Developers Central!

2D Game Developers Central, part of the NerdierNerds groups chain, is
a new group on Google Groups, dedicated to the designing and
developing of 2D computer games. Whatever the game, be it a Shooter,
Strategy, Role-Playing or even a simple Puzzle game, there'll be
opportunities abound on 2DGDC for budding, young and fresh-faced
developers and designers to ask for help and join in with other
projects going on in the group- and those rugged, experienced and wise
industry veterans who've made their fair share of computer games that
can mentor and provide you with expert advice on how to go about
making your very own 2D computer games!

Our community within 2DGDC - and those within the NerdierNerds groups
chain - is probably one of the friendliest, well-to-do and supportive
communities you'll find on Google Groups- though we'll leave that up
to you to decide. We're an emergent and ever-growing group and, as
such, the earlier you join, the more prestige you'll have as the group
grows and the more valued - although all our members, new and old are
valued - a member you'll be within the group- especially by younger
members who will more than most need help by more experienced members
on their projects.

Whether you're a hardcore programmer, skilled graphics artist,
accomplished audioman or just new to the scene, there's always
something to take part in. Discussions, Mini-Pages and Files galore!