I have code for alternatives using tries
but it is memory intensive

what I understood regrading alternatives are

like this
if i/p is
abcdefgh

it will list

abcd
abcyu
abciop
abcweoiru

something like this
u will have half the word equal
then it just prints those that are in the dictionary

Am I right?
If so the code is very simple if we use trie

Arun,