Random number between any two numbers (a,b)  can also be obtained as
follows.

let rand() return a random number between 0 and 1 ;

int random(a,b)
{
 if(a==b)
 return a ;
 mid = a + (b-a)/2 ;

 if( rand() )
 return random(mid,b) ;

 else
 return random(a,mid) ;
}

I think probability of each number will be equal in this case.

--
Neeraj Kumar
B.Tech (Part III)