@eSKay, @Ankur, et al.,
Please be aware that there are non-Indians too in the group.

Hi All,

Let me try and define the problem precisely (as far as I can).

The ATM machines, which we generally see in India have the following
behavior when an user tries to withdraw money from their Bank account. They
can give away bills (Indians say "currency note" for "bill") with
denominations of 100, 500 and 1000 bucks (Read: your own currency in place
of bucks). Obviously you can withdraw only multiples of 100 bucks. It always
tries to give at least one and at most five 100 bucks bills. This is the
simplest problem definition assuming there is sufficient stock of all the
three denominations in the ATM machine.

E.g.: Amount=3500
Classic Coin Denomination solution would be
coins100 = 0
coins500 = 1
coins1000 = 3
And, our ATM machine answer would be
coins100 = 5
coins500 = 0
coins1000 = 3

E.g.: Amount=4000
Classic Coin Denomination solution would be
coins100 = 0
coins500 = 0
coins1000 = 4
And, our ATM machine answer would be
coins100 = 5
coins500 = 1
coins1000 = 3

E.g.: Amount=3600
Classic Coin Denomination solution would be
coins100 = 1
coins500 = 1
coins1000 = 3
And, our ATM machine answer would be
coins100 = 1
coins500 = 1
coins1000 = 3

You can use a solution of classic coin denomination problem, which can be
solved using Greedy method, and append the following logic.
If (coins100 == 0){

if(coins500 != 0){

coins500 = coins500 - 1
coins100 = 5