The best solution is going to depend on properties of the graph.  One
solution not yet mentioned is to perform breadth first searches from
both v and N (if it's a digraph, backward search from N) and report
paths when some node appears in the current "wave" from both ends.  If
number of nodes visited much lower than (roughly 2sqrt of) doing depth
first search from v, enough to offset the additional memory
requirements.

Bob H