Perhaps, if n is the length (from the beginning to the point where the  loop
ends after a traversal of the loop) then n/2 is the middle,
i.e. length of list / 2
in which case middle is easy to find.

Is that the definition, Sanjana ?

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 11:01 AM, Rohit Saraf
<rohit.kumar.sa...@gmail.com>wrote:

> how do u define middle when there is a cycle in the list ?
>
> -Rohit
>

> On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 12:11 AM, Sanjana <sanjana.2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> Can someone help me out with this. How to find the middle of a singly
>> linked list which also has  a cycle in it.

Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel.
Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is
vague and uncertain. Doctor says "Treatment is simple. Great clown
Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man
bursts into tears. Says "But, doctor...I am Pagliacci."