How do you maintain the heap? Could you explain in detail for the following example:
1 2 3 3 2 1 1 1 2 3 (n=10, k=3)

On 2010-5-17 22:38, Jagadish M wrote:
The best algorithm I can think of is to maintain a heap of k elements.
Takes O(n log k) time.
Is anything told about the values of the keys? If the keys have values
less than N, then it is possible to do
what you say, i.e sort them in place.

-Jagadish
http://www.cse.iitb.ac.in/~jagadish