@Amit

You should me able to find waether there is a loop or not in a LL with
any value of m and n. But if you have to find where the loop is, then
you have to chose m and n such that gcd(m,n)=1, as Dave said. Consier
the example below

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26
and 26 points to 3. With this and m=4 and n=8. You will be able to
detect loop but not the location where loop is (at node 3) as the to
pointers will keep jumping by 4 and 8 steps and gcd94,8)!=1

Let me know your views.