> printf("%d\n",printf("%d\n",printf("%d",i))); return 0;
      1----------------2------------------3
remove the new line '\n' character from 2nd printf it will print 111 because
printf function returns number of character displayed. New line is
considered as one chracter.
In original questions 2nd printf does not have \n chracter.
-Shafi

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 2:29 PM, harit agarwal <agarwalha...@gmail.com>wrote:

> printf returns the number of character it prints so output is ok
> it is 111
> see this o/p you will understand
>
> #include<stdio.h>int main(){int i=1;
> printf("%d\n",printf("%d\n",printf("%d",i))); return 0;}
>
> http://codepad.org/gLGMDdoU
>
>   --

Regards,
Shafi Ahmad

The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer....US
Army