I think the question should have been quite generic, if it is integer you
can go from the void pointer to four bytes ( sizeof(int)) ahead and get the
next number that is what is required for us. But what if we do not know what
is the member type is ?, How we can get the second member if the first
member type of the structure is not know.

a=(float *)((char *)a+sizeof(node)-sizeof(int)); ==> Just modified to
subramani.

Thanks,
Sathaiah Dontula