@ Mridul -
even I had the same confusion.. Wht dave says is not this..
He is considering one point at a time (say A) and checking the
maximum
number of points (say n) which have the same slope with A...

now wen he considers the next point (say B) and calculates slope with
for all other points the maximum number of points that have same
slope
must be greater than n in order to be considered over the previous
case.. and so on

So in any case since one point is common (A or B or whtever).. so all
will be collinear...
so we need not find the atleast one common pnt..(as stated by u)

@Dave -

Hopefully wht i hv understood frm ur logic is correct now..
But I still have a doubt in the complexity.. coz
each point will consider other (n-1) points so n^2 there
and then sorting for each point can not be log n.. it shd be n log n.
therefore the complexity would be O(n^3log n) which is not as low as
required..

@Gene -
Could u plz explain hw u arrived at these two conditions sqrt(A^2 +
B^2) = 1 and either A>0 or (A=0 and B = 1)...??
And wht do u mean by "equivalence classes of points"..?? Is it equal
values of A and B??