i have a one idea in my mind is to implement a hash table structure based on
26 alphabets
and a data structure of words.
struct word
{
int info;
char a[n];
};
structure  contains the info about the word and an array in  which document
it is present or not out of n
ex if it is word is mnnit and it is in document 1 ,4,6,9
the info of the structure would be char[1,4,6,9]=1
and the rest are zero.
insertion of word would take o(1) time but searching would take o(n) time if
list is implemented as an array list
and if implemented as an binary search tree would take it log(n) but than
insertion would also take log(n) time

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 9:55 PM, GOBIND KUMAR <gobind....@gmail.com> wrote:

> One of my friends attended google interview.This was one the question
> asked.
>
>      "you are given N documents(possibly in millions) with words in them.
> design datastructures such that the following scenarios take optimal time:
>
>         a. print all the the docs having a given word
>
>         b. print the docs having both of 2 given words"
>

> Help me in solving this problem.

SOURABH JAKHAR,(CSE)(3 year)
ROOM NO 167 ,
TILAK,HOSTEL