@jammy Even I felt the same, but the greedy 'algo' u suggest is actually
IMHO not a greedy approach. You just take each arr[i] and jump *without
deciding a locally optimal policy* . SO, if u were to *see* arr[i] and
*decide* on the optimal policy I feel one would follow d same steps as in a
DP solution. Its only just that the implementation would be O(n^2). Just to
add, this is the greedy approach I feel:

greedy_min_steps[n]
for i = 0; i < n; i++:
  for (j = 0; j < input[i]; j++)
    greedy_min_steps[ i + j ] = min(greedy_min_step[ i + j ],
greedy_min_steps[ i ] + 1)

this is the greedy approach I build and I see this being exactly similar to
my DP approach. There are instances of greedy approach based algorithms
which have *optimized* DP counter parts. I feel this problem is one of them.
More ideas ?

Programmers should realize their critical importance and responsibility in a
world gone digital. They are in many ways similar to the priests and monks
of Europe's Dark Ages; they are the only ones with the training and insight
to read and interpret the "scripture" of this age.