@bittu
consider 12112
does your solution say 2 clicks ?

@srikar i don't think we can.

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 11:34 PM, Srikar <srikar2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Could I sort it? Oh you mentioned that the original array could be
> destroyed.
>
> In that case,
>
> 1) Sort the array - O(nlogn)
> 2) loop through the array. if contiguous elements are same remove all of
> them in one click else remove only that element. - O(n)
>
> Time - O(nlogn)
> space - O(1)
>

> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 7:23 PM, snehal jain <learner....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> You are given an array A of length N. You have to destroy it, given
>> that you have the power to remove any continuous chunk of same numbers
>> with 1 click. Thus the order in which you remove chunk matters. For
>> example given {1, 2, 3, 1} normally it will take you 4 clicks to
>> remove but if you first remove 2 making array {1, 3, 1} then 3 making
>> it {1, 1} and then you can remove this continuous chunk of similar
>> number in one click, thus completing the task in 3 clicks. How to find
>> minimum number of clicks required? Another example is {1, 2, 3, 2, 1}
>> which can be destroyed in 3 clicks

Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel.
Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is
vague and uncertain. Doctor says "Treatment is simple. Great clown
Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man
bursts into tears. Says "But, doctor...I am Pagliacci."