Yeah, Dave. It is simple, but small correction, we need 5621 games to
figure out the winner.

In general, if we are having n participants we need n - 1 games to
determine the final winner. We can conclude the fact, by drawing the
tournament tree for small numbers and count for the games to be held
at each level (an omitted participant can be grouped in next level).

Thanks,
Regards,
Venki.