Hi don ..We can Approach Like this this..See we  can assume earth as a
Sphere & there n points lies on that sphere so if any points lie on
that it must satisfy equation of sphere. okk.. then find the distance
of all the points from the center of sphere & find the distance of
location form center . the find minimum of all the distance with
location ...see its mathematically approach..m hope we can solve these
equation & can get desired answer...i appreciate  if u can throw some
example ..that can make more clear

PS: i am talking about relative minimum distance as i have calculated
wrt center of sphere .

i assume there is bug in my approach, will appreciate  your
suggestion ??

Thanks
Shashank