@ross
i can do it in O(n) time using an extra array of the same size as the given
array

first sort both the even indexed terms and odd indexed terms by modifying
quick sort...it can be done in one traversal.....

and then using extra array and then move the even indexed terms followed by
odd indexed terms....
i think it should work......

if anyone have the idea that can reduce the space required then please share
!!