Order of evaluation of operands is not defined in C and secondly the result
will be compiler implementation dependent.  A compiler may store the sub
expressions operand values in a temporary storage or can make use of
variable value as an operand.

*In each case, either of the ++b may be executed first. *

1. If the operand values is to be stored in temporaries the first evaluation
will make one operand to be 4 and next evaluation make
    the other one to be 5. So in this case the result is  4*5 = 20.

2. But if variable b is to be used as operands the result will be 5*5 = 25

As a good practice using sub expressions which modify same data object
should be avoided in an expression.

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Dv!! ITs nt me now!! <
sunny.verma...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  statement  starts executing from the right side!!! 1st it reads it
> from left !! while reading b increment two times and new value of b is
> thn 5 nw it gets executed!!!
> am i right??
>
> On 6/4/11, hary rathor <harry.rat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > in 1st pass
> >
> > both ++b
> > ++b= 4 then ++b= 5;
> >
> > at second pass a= 5*5; because ++b is 5

> Dhruva Verma
> BTech(IT)-2nd year
> IIIT-Allahabad

ROHIT SINDHU
B.Tech (IT) -- 6th sem.
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, ALLAHABAD.