@Ashish: In ur example you have found a min distance for a and c. Now
to proceed because we have to find out min distance for two out of
three arrays with the third array in between i.e. u need to find
occurrence of a c b or a b c or b a c or ... in the merged array. Now
quite possible these occurences might not be continuous so how are u
going to proceed?

Your order of m+n+p is fine for merging but to find the occurrence of
a,b,c it would go like O((size of merged array)^3).  so 3 for loops.
for(i=0;i<sizeofmergedlist;i++) //for each element
{
now say a[i] belongs to array a
for(j=i+1;j<sizeofmergedlist;j++)
{
keep goin until u find occurrence of some (other array other than a)
lets say we have b now
for(k=j+1;k<sizeofmergedlist;k++)
keep going until u find some occurrence of c
}
now min_dist = max mod(a[i]-a[j],a[i]-a[k],a[k]-a[j]);
}

So for every element we are updating the min_dist. Is this what you
are trying to do here? sorry i dont get your algo.

Thanks
Dumanshu