the arguments are passed from right to left in a function...

initially ptr is pointing to location of 98 (i =1)

the last argument ++ptr makes it point to 99 therefore output of *e = 99
 the second last argument passes pointer to 99 only and then
increments its location to i=3 i.e 100...therefore output of *d = 99
and *c = 100
the second argument is pointing to location of i=3 only and then
decrements to point to location of i=2..therefore output of *a =100
and *b =100..

hope you understood the sequence of outputs...:) :)