We just need to look the 3 set of number that multiply to 36...

the set can be as
(1,1,36),(1,2,18),(1,4,9)..(1,6,6),(1,3,12)..........(2,2,9)....

The catch here is we need not find the whole set...the second mathematician
can't guess their ages through their sum that means there are at least two
possible combination that sum to the same value..

we have 1,6,6 and 2,2,9

second clue says "my youngest is youngest"...

if we look into the combination, we find the first set have unique age for
the youngest son..hence the ages..

and 2 sons can have same age without being twins...one born in the month of
jan and the other born in the month of december...:P :P
moreover its no where mentioned there can't be any twins