Sorry for the previous post it got a mistake.... here take a look again :-

In TRIE , we can store nodes by characters. So it is very easy to search by
names and hence their corresponding numbers :) .
TRIE saves a lot memory coz it stares a character only once.

LIKE :-
if i want to save "sagar" with phone no. 123456789 then we store it in TRIE
as :

s-NULL

a-NULL

g-NULL

a-NULL

r-123456789

NULL

now if we want to add new contact as sagarika,123454321 then it will stored
as :-
s-NULL

a-NULL

g-NULL

a-NULL

r-123456789

i-NULL

k-NULL

a-123454321

NULL

now if we want to store new contact as sag,345678909

s-NULL

a-NULL

g-345678909

a-NULL

r-123456789

i-NULL

k-NULL

a- 123454321

NULL

I hope now you get how it saves a lot memory :)